
So, I started preparing dinner at like 4:15pm this afternoon, trying to be a good wifey to have it done by the time my hubby got home, and the main dish was going to be "Super Easy Chicken Enchiladas"! These are so yummy & truly very easy to make! But in my haste to make this meal without dawdling I grabbed what looked like (see picture) the can of Diced Green Chilies and dumped the whole thing (which I'm suppose to) into the sour cream sauce. As I am assembling my chicken enchiladas, the last step before the oven, some of the sauce got onto my finger, so I did what every cook does; I licked it! And OOOOOHHHH my was that sauce SPICY!!!! I was like, "what the..." (and "heck" was really the word that popped into my mind for you bad word thinkers-ha ha!). So I added some more sour cream (but ran out) and some cream of chicken but still so SPICY. Then I thought that I should look at the can, and WAAAMO! JALAPENOS, not chilies! Ha ha! It was not funny at the time-but hilarous now. I had to call my hubby and send him to the store on his way home from work so he could pick up more sour cream so I could make a whole new batch of sauce. So, to make a long story short...(finish that quote and name that movie) dinner was totally not ready by the time Marc came home & I learned that it might help to look and read the labels when cooking!!! Has anyone else done something like this, or is it just me?!!! LOL!
5 comments:
That is so funny! You'd think the packaging would be different!
uh, yeah, i do that kind of thing far too often! seriously!
Oh, I have a good one. For some reason my mom never cooked with garlic so I wasn't sure how to either.
After I got married I invited another couple over for Easter dinner - you know, ham, garlic potatoes, etc. The recipe called for five cloves of garlic. As I added piece after piece of the garlic to the potatoes I thought, gees, this is sure a lot of garlic.
Did you know what I called a "piece" is really a clove and a "clove" is a bulb. Yeah, that's right. I added FIVE BULBS of garlic to my potatoes. Needless to say we have not had a vampire problem since.
Laurie, that is so funny! LOL!! And dang, that's a lot of garlic!
That is pretty funny. Why do they make those cans so similar looking?!
Post a Comment